Senior Data Scientist – Product R&D
New York, NY (preferable) or Remote Continental USA | Full Time
CKM is at the forefront of building products that inform strategic decision-making and drive operational improvement for customers. Our number one asset is our people, who shape the uniquely creative and energetic culture at CKM. Because we’re passionate about knowledge sharing and professional development, we give our employees ample opportunity to satisfy natural curiosity, access to the company’s expertise, plus the autonomy and authority to lead, design, and develop features. Our teams apply business intuition along with a diverse set of methods and algorithms, including but not limited to, statistical inference, machine learning, text mining, process mining, network analysis, and data visualization to improve operations.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will help us lead the way in solving critical business problems and derive valuable insights for our customers. The ideal candidate is capable of ingesting, processing and interpreting data sets that vary widely in size, structure, complexity, and dimensionality as well as leading teams who are capable of performing this type of work. The candidate should also possess a desire to foster strong relationships with our customers and be driven to help our customers achieve their goals.
Primarily, the candidate will focus on the research and development of new models or improving existing models in our core product. They will do this by shepherding the new models into the product by working with developers to expand existing data models, designing and agile prototyping new product features and visualizations, writing technical specifications and queries for implementation, and reviewing production code for correctness. They will also be expected to work with our Head of Product in dialoguing with existing customers on the need for these features. They are quick to adapt to new technology, and passionate about data-driven business problem solving for business operations. They also thrive in cross-functional teams and can clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
Why we’ll love you:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in data science or a related field
- Excellent business instincts and a passion for empirical research and developing data driven solutions to difficult business questions
- Passion for quantitative problem solving and developing data driven solutions to difficult business questions
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, SQL in a professional environment; experience with Java or Kotlin a plus
- Skills in data cleaning, natural language processing, machine learning, time series, forecasting, visualization, network analysis, and distributed computing
- Familiarity with database concepts and structures
- Capabilities to lead the delivery of select workstreams/projects through code reviews leveraging computational tools such as GIT
- Passionate about the research and contribution of data science innovations into a software product
- Ability to scope client engagements and manage team deliverables
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses clearly
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills
- Self-starter and natural leader
- Authorized to work in the US; sponsorship not required
Why you’ll love us:
- Our team is diverse and intellectually curious, made up of people that you’ll genuinely enjoy spending time with
- We’re fanatical about helping customers derive value from data and work on solving challenging problems within some of the world’s largest companies
- We are a meritocracy and consistently promote from within
- We move fast and are not afraid of evolving our tools, technology and thinking
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with your experience. At CKM, we celebrate our differences – they help our business thrive and our employees have fun. CKM Analytix is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.