Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer (Sr/Lead)
New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA USA
As a Senior/Lead Engineer, you will work within our DevOps team to contribute to our product while leading and mentoring your fellow developers.
Our field is fast-changing, and your decisions and actions will be key to growing both our products and development team. In addition, you will enact broad-reaching changes throughout the technologies that we use: DevOps, Data Science, Web Development, and others.
- Java/Python on the backend (including driving the analytics algorithms that drive our product)
- Vue.js on the frontend
- Postgres SQL
- Gitlab CICD management
- Compressed bundle and docker for containerizing our applications (both for SaaS and on-prem deployments)
As we grow and evolve our products, we continually evaluate innovative technologies and pick those that make sense to incorporate into our stack. As the Lead Infratech Engineer, you will be critical in the decision-making process on how our technical stack evolves.
Why we’ll love you:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Lead the deployment of our packaged software into the customers’ cloud/virtualized environments.
- Managing and improving CI/CD Pipelines
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance, Unit Testing, and QA Automation framework integration to help assure the quality of our products/services.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Review established and document processes and procedures for both internal teams and vendors.
- Work with various stakeholders to define and prioritize project objectives, critical success factors, and risks, and incorporate these factors into each project plan.
- Track and escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Linux (Ubuntu) administration and bash scripting, logging, and monitoring.
- Knowledge/Experienced with Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols, routing, and services (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP, LDAP)
- Proficient oral and written English communication skills.
- Authorized to work in the US.
Why you’ll love us:
- Our team is diverse and intellectually curious, made up of people that you will genuinely enjoy spending time with
- We are fanatical about helping clients derive value from data and work on solving challenging problems within some of the world’s largest companies.
- We are a meritocracy and consistently promote from within
- We move fast and are not afraid of evolving our tools, technology, and thinking.
- We work remotely / distributed team environment.