Lead Software Engineer / Solutions Architect
Philadelphia, New York City, or Remote | Full Time
As a Lead Software Engineer / Solutions Architect, you will work within our DevOps team to contribute to our product while leading and mentoring your fellow developers.
Our field is fast-changing, and your decisions and actions will be key to growing both our products and development team. In addition, you will enact broad-reaching changes throughout the technologies that we use: DevOps, Data Science, Web Development, and others.
- Vue.js on the frontend
- Java(Kotlin)/Springboot as the middle tier
- PostgresSQL for data management
- Kafka for data integration
- Git for CICD management
As we grow and evolve our products, we continually evaluate new technologies and pick those that make sense to incorporate into our stack. As a Lead Developer, you will be critical in the decision-making process on how our technical stack evolves. This position requires a combination of hands-on Java Architecture and Design as well as Technical leadership and Product Delivery.
Why we’ll love you:
- 7+ years of Java Development and Architecture as well as technical leadership
- Java based Microservices and API Based technology
- Building highly scalable Java applications
- Event Drive architecture (Kafka Message Queues) and Service-oriented architecture
- Build real-time applications using Kotlin Java, Spring boot, Microservices, and Cloud development
- Experience leading teams and mentoring other developers, with comfort in Agile, SDLC, etc.
- Aptitude for infrastructure architecture and database design
- Experience with version control e.g., Git or Mercurial
- Experience with MVC-architecture web application development
- Platform and technology agnosticism
- Ability to refactor and modularize codebases
- Familiarity with relational database concepts/structures and ability to write SQL queries
- Comfort in a *nix shell environment e.g., bash
- Familiarity in statistical data mining, natural language processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, network analysis, and distributed computing is a plus
- Understanding of selected real-time transactional applications is a plus
- Proficient oral and written English communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US; sponsorship not required
Why you’ll love us:
- Our team is diverse and intellectually curious, made up of people that you’ll genuinely enjoy spending time with
- We’re fanatical about helping clients derive value from data and work on solving challenging problems within some of the world’s largest companies
- We are a meritocracy and consistently promote from within
- We move fast and are not afraid of evolving our tools, technology, and thinking
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with your degree and experience. At CKM, we celebrate our differences – they help our business thrive and our employees have fun. CKM Analytix is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.